Welcome to the Speech Builder support page. Please watch the videos below. If you need help with installation, see ‘Installing NDP3 Speech Builder for the first time’ below.
We have had reports that Adobe AIR is not working properly with MacOS Catalina. If you are currently using NDP3 Speech Builder we would suggest that you do not upgrade to Catalina until the issue is resolved by Adobe. There is more information here: Using Adobe AIR with Mac OS Catalina
Before installing NDP3 Speech Builder, your computer needs to have a copy of the Adobe AIR Installer running:
This opens in a new browser tab. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Adobe AIR. When done, come back to this tab.
Locate the downloaded file ‘NDP3 Speech Builder 113’ and right-click it
– In Windows, select the ‘Install’ option
– In OSX, select the ‘open with … Adobe AIR installer’
3. Follow the on-screen instructions
Windows will add a Speech Builder icon to your desktop. On a Mac, you can add it to the dock by dragging it from the Applications folder onto the dock.
I need to move Speech Builder to a new computer/my computer is being upgraded
If you need to move your copy of Speech Builder from one PC (first PC) to another (second PC):
Contact us by email, indicating your license key, and we will reset it, ready for the re-installation/upgrade.
If replacing: uninstall NDP3 Speech Builder on the first PC and install Speech Builder on the second PC
If upgrading: in most cases, you will not need to re-install the software but may need to re-enter the license key.
When prompted, type in your license key
If you need to transfer projects from the first to the second PC, see below
I’m having trouble saving projects/images are disappearing from Projects
This issue may arise where existing Projects are being used as the basis for new Projects, perhaps to take advantage of images that are already coloured in. If this occurs, please create the new Project using the ‘New Project’ button, adding a template and images as required from scratch. Then save the Project as normal.
I need to transfer my NDP3 Speech Builder projects from one PC or Mac to another
To transfer projects from one PC or Mac to another:
- Create a Project folder within the new Speech Builder, and give it a name you’ll recognise – say ‘Existing Projects’
Locate existing Projects on the old PC or Mac
- On a PC, Projects are stored in a subdirectory underneath … NDP3 Speech Builder>projects>myprojects
- On a Mac, Projects are stored in Macintosh HD>Users>[User name]>Library>Preferences>NDP3-Speech-Builder>Local Store>projects>myprojects ([User name] may be your name or some other name set up when the Mac was first made ready to use.) To see this folder you may need to tell your Mac to show normally hidden folders: in Finder, hold down Alt and click Go at the top of your screen, then click on Library to open up the, normally hidden, folder.
- Copy all of the files from the original Speech Builder myprojects folder/s over to the target folder ‘Existing Projects’ on the new PC or Mac.
- We suggest you drag these to a memory stick/external hard disk in order to facilitate the transfer.
I’ve just installed Speech Builder - do I need to enter the license key straight away?
You can add the license key at any time (click on the Extras button) up to 4 weeks after installation.
After 4 weeks or so, the software will require the key before running. You need only enter the key once.
Speech Builder will then run only under the login of the user who entered the key.